Pathway Health Clinic History
Pathway Health Clinic (PHC) has been serving the North County San Diego community as a licensed medical clinic since 2002. We were accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare in 2019 and reaccredited in 2022. Status as an accredited organization means Pathway Health Clinic has met nationally recognized standards for the provision of quality health care set by AAAHC. Located off of the 78 Freeway and Emerald Drive in Vista, we provide no-cost limited early pregnancy services to those facing an unplanned pregnancy. If you think you might be pregnant- we can help.
Pathway Health Clinic provides evidence-based medical services and education in the area of sexual health.
As an accredited medical clinic, PHC provides essential services for at-risk women in the Tri-City area. As such, our clinic will remain open to provide the following limited medical care until further notice:
- Pregnancy and gestational age verification by ultrasound – This essential service provides women with quick access to critical time-sensitive pregnancy diagnosis and information that will help them to decide whether obtaining additional medical care is urgent or can be postponed for a short while.
What our Patients say about PHC
“I love this place, I’m always treated well and never felt judged. Thank you for your services.”
“Everyone was very professional, informative and respectful.”
“It’s a wonderful, safe environment.”
Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
Pathway Health Clinic is dedicated to providing you with the best care, both regarding treatment and patient experience. We respect your rights as a patient and want you to understand your responsibility as a partner in your care.
Pathway Health Clinic is committed to providing you with respectful care as we meet your needs. For this reason, we provide the following summary of your rights as a patient:
- You have a right to considerate and respectful care.
- You have the right to participate in the development of your plan of care.
- You will not be denied access to care due to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
- You have the right to information about your diagnosis, condition, and treatment in terms that you can understand.
- You are entitled to be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.
- You have the right to make or have a representative of your choice make informed decisions about your care.
- You are entitled to be free from any forms of restraint or seclusion as a means of convenience, discipline, coercion or retaliation.
- You are entitled to information about rules and regulations affecting your care or conduct.
- You have the right to know the names and professional titles of Pathway Health Clinic’s Medical Director and Health Care Professionals.
- You have the right to personal privacy and to receive care in a safe environment.
- You have the right to a prompt and reasonable response to any request for services within the capacity of Pathway Health Clinic’s scope of services.
- You have the right to express concerns or grievances regarding your care to Pathway Health Clinic’s personnel.
- You have the right to your medical and personal records being confidential.
- You have the right to see your medical record within the limits of the law.
This is a summary of your responsibilities as a patient of Pathway Health Clinic
It is your responsibility to provide accurate and complete information about all matters about your health, including medications and past or present medical problems.
You are responsible for following the instructions and advice of Pathway Health Clinic Care Team.
- It is your responsibility to notify a member of Pathway Health Clinic Care Team if you do not understand information about your care and treatment.
- You are responsible for reporting changes in your condition or symptoms, including pain, to a member of Pathway Health Clinic Care Team.
- It is your responsibility to act in a considerate and cooperative manner and to respect the rights and property of others.
- You are responsible for following the rules and regulations of Pathway Health Clinic.
- You are expected to keep your scheduled appointments or to cancel them in advance if possible.
- Pathway Health Clinic does not honor Advanced Directives; however, it is your responsibility to provide a copy of your Advanced Directive to Pathway Health Clinic for placement in your medical record. The Advanced Directive will be suspended while being cared for at Pathway Health Clinic. If there is a medical emergency 911 will be called, and paramedics will transport you to the local hospital.