When considering making an STD appointment at Pathway Health Clinic, it can be a little nerve-wracking if you don’t know what to expect. Many are concerned about visiting a center that will judge them for their choices or appearance, or that their personal beliefs or privacy will not be respected. At Pathway Health Clinic, we take your confidentiality and privacy to heart and want to give you a look at what an appointment with our staff looks like so you can know what to expect. Keep reading to learn about each aspect of the appointment from our Clinic Director, Kaleigh Bryant, RN, and then call 760-945-4673 to schedule yours today.
I think I have an STD. What should I do?
· PHC offers low to no cost STD testing and treatment.
· Call us at 760-945-4673 to make an appointment.
· Everything is confidential at PHC.
What can I expect at an STD testing appointment?
· First, you will meet with a staff member to go over intake information.
· Next, you will meet with one of the nurses to discuss any concerns or ask any questions you may have.
· The nurse will perform a free pregnancy on all female patients.
· The nurse will help determine the STD tests that are recommended for you.
· You will make an appointment to receive your results in person one week from the date of testing.
· The nurse will administer treatment if needed.
What to do if I am pregnant and think I have an STD?
· Contact PHC and express your concerns.
· The nurse will meet with you and go over any questions or concerns.
· After the free pregnancy test is completed, the nurse will perform any STD testing that you agree to.
· A results appointment will be made and you will come back to the clinic in one week to receive your results and treatment if needed.
Pathway Health Clinic will continue to monitor and refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our local public health agency to determine the safest course of action for our staff and patients.