You just found out you are pregnant, and it is not what you wanted or expected. You are still taking in the news and now you need to tell others. This maybe causing you great anxiety and mixed emotions.
Some questions you probably ask yourself are:
- Where do I start?
- How supportive they will be?
- What will be their reaction?
- How am I going to feel telling them I am pregnant?
Something to consider before talking to family and friends are:
- Is this the best time to let them know I am pregnant? Timing matters. You need to figure out if the environment is calm and free of distractions. You need their undivided attention, so make sure that when you approach them it is at a time where they can give you their undivided attention.
- Am I feeling prepared if it’s not a positive response?
Formulate a plan on how you will talk to your friends and family:
- You have the power to decide when it’s right for you to share that you are pregnant and how much information you wish to give.
- You can set boundaries. You do not have to answer all their questions and can end the conversation if you feel uncomfortable.
- If the conversation takes a negative turn, it is okay to share how you are feeling and wanting to regroup and discuss at a later date.
At Pathway Health Clinic in Vista, California , we can help you prepare and navigate these conversations . We provide you a safe place to discuss your unplanned pregnancy options with free services that include all of the pregnancy tests and ultrasounds needed to make an informed decision on your unplanned pregnancy. When you are here your privacy is protected and everything you share with us is completely confidential. Our staff will accommodate your specific needs for privacy and communication from the moment you contact us. We will never call, text, or email you anything without your consent.
Pathway Health Clinic will continue to monitor and refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and our local public health agency to determine the safest course of action for our staff and patients.